There is no good and evil there is only power
I swear to god I tried to scroll.
#i don’t think people realize that ~THIS~ was the climax of the show #not energybending #not zuko’s coronation #not anything else people might commonly name as the climax #the energybending stuff might have been the active climax #but this is the thematic climax #this moment when aang has to decide once and for all what kind of avatar he’s going to be #is a perfect mirror for zuko’s climactic expression of what kind of man he has chosen to be #and both of them are redirecting lightning to do it #zuko to save a life #and aang to spare a life #and if that isn’t fucking beautiful to you on every level then #then… #well i wanna say get off my blog but that seems rude #aang #ozai
Figured I might as well reblog the version with my tags in the comments
Slap them all in togas instead of suits and it would perfect
It also follows a pyramidal composition!
However, I would argue that this picture is more Baroque than Renaissance. Notable features of Baroque art are:
- Images are direct, obvious, and dramatic.
- Tries to draw the viewer in to participate in the scene.
- Depictions feel physically and psychologically real. Emotionally intense.
- Extravagant settings and ornamentation.
- Dramatic use of color.
- Dramatic contrasts between light and dark, light and shadow.
- As opposed to Renaissance art with its clearly defined planes, with each figure placed in isolation from each other, Baroque art has continuous overlapping of figures and elements.
- Common themes: grandiose visions, ecstasies and conversions, martyrdom and death, intense light, intense psychological moments.
In the baroque, artists strove to evoke aesthetic responses. Now I’m not talking about aesthetic as in “oh thats pretty” I’m talking about aesthetic like that punch in the gut reaction you get to something.
One of the ways this was done was through the depiction of intense emotion which we see in this photograph. compare to Bernini
The picture also displays a wonderful use of chiaroscuro (an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something) a style used extensively by Caravaggio and other Baroque artists.
oh my god
This post keeps getting better.
i couldn’t make this up even if i tried
me trying to study for exams
my sister would be the star of this show
My sister would too, if only she was pregnant. And also 34, again.
This right here, ladies and gentlemen, just might be the best beauty-and-beast-story ever.
Because any little girl (or boy for that matter) should grow up knowing that you could be a giant green ogre, and you’d still be bloody gorgeous to the ones that matter. And not in the “oh, I can overlook your flaws” -kind of way. But in the “those aren’t flaws, they are beauty spots!”-kind of way.
the donkey fucked a dragon